13 PAX answered the call this morning and got better because of it.
The Pax: FroYo, Mad Bum, Neo, Aruba, Chitwood, Dos Equis, Flying Tomato, Fragile, Colt, Ostertag, Josey…+1, dangit I can’t recall the last person.
SSH, 10 Burpees & Finger flickers (No Waldorf, not that finger)….Extend all fingers with gusto then make a fist – continue for 1 minute. You start feeling it at about 40 seconds.
Honestly this was a F3 43 feet workout, where YHC was building the road 43 feet ahead of the Pax as we accomplished the beatdown. I’m not sure of the order or what all we accomplished and I know we did:
- 52 Burpee’s
- Lots of Merkins….500 according to MadBum
- Even more LBD’s. Chitwood was kind enough to murmur, “I hate you Squirrel” as we did the next set of 30
- About 100 squats
- Just about as many lunges
- Bulgarian/Lithuanian/Croation split squats
- More merkins
- Bruce Lee (WWII sit-ups, Heels to Heaven, Long Slow Flutter, LBCs, Freddy Mercury’s)
- Step Ups
Well, YHC has done it again. Signed up for more Completely Stupid and Utterly Pointless (CSaUP) events. Last year was the BRR, which was pretty amazing!! I figured being in my 50’s I thought doing one CSAUP event in a decade was fantastic. Apparently no one told Sprocket, as he has put the pressure of diamond making on the Sandhills Pax to join the Trifecta wagon train. So here I am at 52, signed up for not one, but three CSaUP events in 2019. Rather than be mad at myself because I’ve slacked off and haven’t moved closer to my goals I came up with the following list. Hope it helps you too!
1. Slow down – self-confidence can take a torpedo below the water line if I believe I have to reach my goals overnight. Slow and steady….
2. Own my own strengths – believing in myself and not coveting the abilities of others.
3. Keep getting better – POST!
4. Be kind to myself – One of the biggest predictors of my self-confidence is how I talk to myself. Over the course of our lives, we will listen to ourselves more than any other person—what you say matters!!! I’m gonna stand up to my inner bully.
The inner speech, your thoughts, can cause you to be rich or poor, loved or unloved, happy or unhappy, attractive or unattractive, powerful or weak. — Ralph Charell
5. Enjoy the process – I’m going to enjoy the journey of reaching my goals instead of focusing solely on the destination. How? Celebrate all my victories, small and big!
6. Get help – Team up with talented people who want the same things. We’ve got that in Spades within the Sandhills Pax!!!!
7. Appreciate uncertainty – Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow. — Mary Anne Radmacher.
One reason goals mean so much to us is because they test us. If we were 100% confident in our ability, many of our goals would cease to exist because the fun of the game would be lost.
So men, be inspired today. Believe IN YOURSELF today. I believe in you, each of you!! Pursue, no…..Boldly pursue your goals…TODAY. No matter where you are right now in terms of skill, knowledge, abilities, faith, whatever, you have the power to get better. When you do your work everyday, learning from the mistakes that will come, you prime yourself for a lifetime of accomplishment. Have confidence in that.