Another cold morning here in greater Moore County greeted our perspective SF Giants Recruits.
As promised in the pre-blast there was Giants trivia, sprints, fundamentals, and Burpees… Afraid we ran out of time for Elvis Merkins. Maybe next month.
No time for a warmup lap.
Straight to the impromptu “Field of Dreams”. MadBum built it and well 4 recruits came for the try out.
Warm ups consisted of
- Windmills 10 IC..why the SF Giants first WS title was in 2010
- Arm Circles 12 IC …….second WS title 2012
- Cotton Pickers. 14 IC third title 2014……sensing a pattern yet!!!
- Can’t remember which exercise but 18 IC for yes you guessed it the Giants next WS title 2018….you heard it first here in the gloom, the Giants will reclaim their even year magic this year!!!!
- We mossey over to the “Field..actually Diamond of Dreams”
Dora 1-2-3 Baseball style.
- After several explanations….we paired up (actually we had a 2 pair and 3 pair)…since most of the mumble chatter was emanating from Striker he was paired up with Giants ace MAdbum..
- exercises 100 burpees, 200 merkins, 300 catcher squats (you squat all the way down to the ground…apparently some members of PAx do not do this on a regular basis)
- while one part of team was doing the exercise the other would sprint to first return to home base and switch out…next time to second base switch, triple switch and finally all the way around and switch.
- Eventually the recruits figured this out.
Next we did drills and exercises with Giants stats mixed in.
2018 starting rotation
- Madison Bumgarner….3 time WS champ, 1x WS MVP #40 40 SSH oyo
- J.Cueto #47 47 Lungees
- Jeff Samardjia aka the shark…..but placed on the 10 day DL last night so no exercises but his number is 29
- Ty Blach an up and coming lefty 50 50 Squats
- Chris Stratton another rookie #34 …because of complaints already so 17 surfer merkins.
After each exercise we did high knees, karaoke sprints side shuffles and sprints between first base and home
Now to the starting infield……
- B. Belt first base # 9 . 9burpees
- J.Panik 2nd base #12. 12 burpees..
- B, Crawford SS # 35.. 35 Squats…think we switched to LBCs
- 10 E. Longoria third base #10… 10 american hammers
- All world catcher B. Posey #28. 28 catcher squats…
Sadly we ran out of time for the outfield and Bullpen. or the rest of the 40 man roster.
No 5 mintes of mary or even worse no Elvis Merkins…..but good news Madbum is making another start in April !!!
Striker lead us out in prayers with prayers for the Palmetto 200 teams (F3 and FiA) and the Allen family…..
Pax: Striker, Colt, Cold Call, Klinger and Madbum
See you again in the Gloom